Monday, April 20, 2009

Recharged!

Well, for our Spring Break we were able to go up to Bear Lake for the entire week. We had a blast! On Monday we ate at The Bear Trapper Steakhouse. It was kind of pricey but the kids thought it was soooo fancy because they brought out their fresh raspberry sorbet to "cleanse every one's palate". The best parts of this restaurant were the fireplaces and that Emily kept growling at the wooden bears.

It was so windy and cold - it looks like I ran into the picture.


We were also able to take the kids swimming numerous times in the heated indoor pool. I really struggled with this due to two things. One, I am terrified of my kids drowning and two, the water was all cloudy and every time some stranger's kid came by me, snot was all over their face. I knew I was just sitting in everything gross a kid could come up with. Ew.

We really enjoyed the rain and snow. I know this sounds weird, but we loved it. We were all cozy and warm and had even anticipated this weather. The boys had a blast playing their Uncle Joseph's XBox 360 and I even played. We rented new movies and had a movie night every night but one. That night we had a Call of Duty 4 competition.

Don't worry, Zack will photo shop me into this picture later.

One place everyone has to visit if they travel to Bear Lake is the KOA grocery store. Odd suggestion, right? They were unbelievable. The first time we stopped in, the electricity went out so their computers were down. The man rang up our items, made a list and just said, "Come back tomorrow, I trust you." WOW!!! We stopped in at least 2 other times and they remembered us each time and even asked how Mikey's foot was. (He had sliced it open on the filter or something in the hot tub.)

Emily kept herself very busy.

On the last day of our vacation, we went down into Logan. I cannot get enough of this place. I literally think about it all day long. It was so pretty and every one was so friendly. Zack and I have always wanted to live somewhere more rural. It was gorgeous!!!I loved seeing the rolling hills of the farms and even the smells were inviting. And yes...I do mean cow manure. Ha, ha, ha!! (but only as long as it is a distant smell)

That night we also were able to visit with a friend of Zack's from his mission. We had a wonderful dinner and we had a great time visiting with the Peapealalo family. They have four gorgeous daughters and our boys had a great time playing with them. Thank you so much guys!

I cannot wait to go back to Logan and Bear Lake!!!

8 comments:

Suzie said...

I love Logan as well. SO beautiful with a great feeling.
That photo of Emily is priceless. Almost as good as the one of you Zach will photoshop in.

Glad you had a good time!

Jennie said...

Sounds like a blast. I'll have to try it when it's a little warmer. It's always fun to get away for a little while. I love the picture of Emily and the one with your hair. CLASSIC!!

Erika said...

I'm glad you had such a good time! It makes me "homesick". And that's why I HATE public pools and hot tubs! EW! Whenever I think of them I think of body hair and used bandaids floating by.

Stacy said...

I am so happy that some people got to go have some fun. I'm glad it was your turn!

Laurie Meredith said...

I think Logan is the finest place on the face of the earth. My years at Utah State were some of the greatest! If only I could find a way to live there.

Shelley Eggett said...

Sounds like a great trip! We might have to try that one sometime. You are always full of good ideas.

I love the family picture that you are missing in. It's beautiful :) Be sure and post the one that you are photoshopped into.

Devony said...

I love Emily in your running pic and her dress up one! Glad you had so much fun! There's just something about being together as a family all warm and cozy when it's frigid outside that I love. yay!

Sarah Aileen said...

Sweet little Emmy lou!. I dont think she can get any cuter. Im glad yall had fun. Sounds like a blast!