Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year!!

I love coming to a new year. It is a bitter-sweet moment for me. I miss the times we had and don't really favor how time flies, but I love the amazing hope that it can also bring. No matter what kind of knucklehead choices I made in 2008, I get a fresh start to become a more wise and thoughtful person. Most of that is due to the Savior's atonement, which fortunately can be used at any time throughout the year. I also love to be able to take the chance to better myself. I have no idea why it's an exciting thing at New Year's but a pain in the neck the rest of the year.

Zack and I have really enjoyed this song by our friend Josh Groban. It says it all.
One of my resolutions for 2009 and beyond is to be more thankful. I need to whine less and open my eyes to all of the tens of thousands of great things in my life and those lives around me.

I need to stop calling the young 20 somethings jerks just because they bought the house that I have admired from afar, or because they have 4 wheelers and snowmobiles to play with. I need to be "happy" for those jerks and realize that I am so blessed already.

I have been blessed with so many things that it is nearly impossible to even find a starting place to list it all. I am going to try my best this year to be better at so many things, but it is sweet to know that it's OK when I don't become 'perfect'.

Here's to wishing everyone a beautiful and very hopeful Happy New Year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so sweet. It almost makes me want to make some resolutions. I think I'll just sit down and rest until the urge goes away. You're so dear. Thanks for being such a wonderful part of our family.

Erika said...

This is a good resolution, certainly one I need on my list!

Anonymous said...

I, too, need to be more thankful. The problem I perceive in this is that I fear that I am largely unaware of all the tender mercies, kindness, and benefits that come my way. I try to be alert and thankful, but I am sure that much passes over me unnoticed. The Lord puts His finger on the balance in so many ways and so often to protect, bless, and prosper us all. We are ALL very, very, rich – beyond the imaginings both of our ancestors and of most of the rest of the world living today. Lord, help me to be aware and properly grateful!

Fullmer Family said...

I hear ya sister! I need that same attitude change and am going to work on that this new year too!
Thanks for your great post. :)

Jess said...

I'm thankful for the Time we're given to work at things. Its comforting.

Are those 20 somethings over their heads in debt?

Josh Groban wrote this?