Saturday, March 15, 2008

Snow Fun!!!


Oh, what a great weekend Zack and I had! We were able to have a little get-a-way (thanks to our generous parents) for a few days. It was my turn to plan our little trip, so I picked a snowmobiling excursion. I had never been, but Zack has been a couple times and has always wanted to go again.
Thursday evening, we stopped at Magleby's Grill in Provo. We both chose the Filet Mignon, with fresh vegetables, and rice pilaf. I wish I hadn't. I was looking for a superb piece of tender meat. Instead, I got a slab of meat coated in sugar and drenched with what I think was a syrupy sweet, gritty, cherry slop. COME ON!!! What a waste of a perfectly good cut of meat! I am very picky about my beef, and I was a "tad" disappointed. The fresh veggies were perfectly cooked but were very sweet due to sitting in the "meat's" juices. And the rice pilaf?!? Also made with sugar. I am a sugar - holic, but enough with it already! Diabetics beware!
Ok, so after our dinner we headed through Provo Canyon to our hotel in Heber City. It was a great room with a jetted tub, fireplace, fridge, microwave, TV, and king bed. Very relaxing.
The next morning we drove south to Strawberry Lodge for the fun. We were blessed with about 18 inches of fresh powder to enjoy. In fact, we were the first people to enjoy the snow in a gigantic meadow with rolling hills. Awesome!
Here are some of our pics :



This is me on my sled.





Zack and I, standing in about 8 feet of snow. Behind us is a 30+ foot drop off.



This is a video of me coming back from carving snow, dude!!!



I think that my favorite part was when we went through and around some beautiful hills. We would sled up one side of the hills, then swoop back down to go up the opposite side of the hills. I guess it's kind of hard to describe, but picture a half pipe that a snowboarder goes on. That is the same basic idea. SOOO FUN!!!!

8 comments:

Matt said...

Wow! That looks like great fun! e are glad you were able to get away. (Father and mother brought your boys to watch Nate's championship game this morning.)

So uummm... It looks like your favorite brother in law was the only one who mentioned snowmobiling and Strawberry for your homework assignment. :-) Any hints as to the grand prize? Just kidding... :-)

Love,

Matt

Erika said...

The hotel sounds fabulous! I'm glad you had fun. It looks so cold! It was 80 yesterday... but I'd live with snow in order to go snowmobiling!

Shelley Eggett said...

What a fun little get away!!!

wendy and brig said...

looks like you had a great time! Everyone needs a weekend away. I hope to have one sometime in the future of this year. (hint, hint Brig.) Hope all is well with you and your family. We miss you.
Love, Wendy

Laurie Meredith said...

I love those weekend getaways. Looks like an ideal escapade. Ever thought about a career as a food critic?

Jess said...

You guys are so fun. You look so cute together with black snow suits. What a great sporty "romantic" idea! Too bad about the fillet minion!...way to ruin your one chance to have a nice dinner with just you & your hubby. I think Heber City area is so pretty. I'm sorry I was dense & thought you were asking for ideas on a Family Vacation. Haha!

Fullmer Family said...

You guys should've gone into the cabin while you were here!! It would've been 4-wheelers, but still!! Or, you could come up in the summer and snow mobile in!! You'd love it!! I can't believe you wussed out while you were here, playing the "I'm pregnant" card!! :) Just kidding! That looks like lots of fun!!

Fullmer Family said...

Or come in the winter I mean!! ha ha... :) Duh!